- Pidgin and creole languages; varieties of English around the world; language contact and grammaticalization.
- Taking part in the APiCS project.
- Indo-European Comparative Linguistics; grammaticalization and language history; the history of the Germanic languages; the Germanic tense-aspect system as a consequence of language contact.
- Am member of the ASJP consortium.
Linguistic Typology & Language Universals:
- Global patterns of tense and aspect; global patterns of language change; grammaticalization from a global perspective.
- Took part in the WALS project.
Viveka Velupillai - job web
go to my private page.